Monday 13 August 2012

English Paperpiecing the easy way

This me sitting at the Sue Daley from www.busyfingerspatchwork.com workshop on Sunday 12th August held at Brighton scout hall. It was put on by Sarah from Quilt Fabric Delights.
It was an early start for me on a Sunday, but it was for a good cause -  my time to sit and stitch.I chose the clamshell sewing keep as I thought it would provide the most challenge. Under Sue's direction is was made so easy. 
The pace was good with Sue going from table to table to demonstrate what we need to do. It mean't we were in smaller groups to observe and learn.
I meet two lovely ladies Dawn you can meet her on her blog dawnhaydesigns.blogspot.com.au and her friend Judy.




This the start of the project we have to cover  approx. 72 x 2" clam shell shapes to make the sewing keep. The fabric range that  I had was a lovely floral with roses, a bit shabby chic which I am a bit fond off.


This is the start of the rows of clam shells that I started on in class. I was so pleased with myself it starting to take shape now. Only seven more rows to go. I must also read the pattern as I don't have Sue to help me out now. So if you come to the shop I have it here to show you and in case I get a quiet moment to add more, I must be dreaming.

I have just placed an order from Patchwork with Busyfingers as my stock had run low. I will be looking at workshops on using paper pieces in the next few months. I need to practice my skills a bit first.

No comments:

Post a Comment