Thursday 9 February 2012

My lovely water lily


I took this picture last month when my waterlily flowered one morning. I was quickly hanging out some washing before I left to go to work. I had to take a picture to capture the flower. In the 5 years that I have had this lily this was the first time. It was so beautiful the colour so vivid. The last goldfish passed away last year and I wonder if they eat the buds as there were often buds which then went all soft and brown. I ended up with 3 flowers this summer. They open in the morning and close up at night. The pond is quite negeleted at present as we were so caught up in moving to the new shop before christmas.
I now have Sundays off and will be able to spend some time in the garden. The weather has been so mild lately so I might do some this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment